This continuous cable-like anode is an integrated auxiliary anode composed of a copper wire and a conductive polymer sheath. The copper core serves as a low resistance bus bar to deliver the required current over considerable distance without incurring substantial longitudinal voltage drop. And the extruded polymer layer seals the copper wire from chemical attack.
Quality Copper Conductor
Our power cable delivers the required current over considerable distance without incurring substantial longitudinal voltage drop. The choice of the cable can be made from HMWPE, XLPE/PVC, Kynar/HMWPE or as per specification.
Evenly Backfill Filling
High performance calcined petroleum coke breeze is tightly pre-packaged and evenly distributed all around the anode, serving as the active matrix in which the electrochemical reactions take place.
● Carbon Content: 98.5% Min.
● Ash: 0.6%
● Moisture: 0.05%
● Volatiles: Nil(950ºC)
● Resistivity: 0.1 Ω.cm [per G.L.C.-C-12A, 10 bar (145psi) @23ºC (73ºF)
Acid-resistant Braid Fabric Jacket
The anode is prepackaged with porous, non-woven synthetic sleeve. This tough sleeve is sewn using a poly two or four-thread double interlocking stitch, which prevents the seam from separating during installation, or when stored in high temperature conditions.
● Bursting Strength: 500 N [per ISO 3303]
● Abrasion Resistance: 100 Cycles to Failure [per ASTM D-4157]
● Fluid Resistance: Pass [6-month Immersion Test]
● Chlorine Resistance: Pass [6-month Immersion Test]
● UV Resistance: 55% Tear Strength Loss [per ASTM G-53: 8 hrs @ 60ºC (140ºF), 4 hrs condensation @ 50ºC (122ºF)]
Our MMO linear anode can be packed on wooden or steel reel as required. It is normally installed right from the factory provided reel into the trench for easy transportation.